Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Perfect Meal

I want to go ahead and tell you about the restaurant we went to on Saturday night. I’m certainly not a food critic by any means and I will try not to pretend to be, but this restaurant deserves a perfect score. A few weeks ago, we received a gift card in the mail, $50 to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, I have no idea how or why, but we called and there was no catch, so we made a reservation. It’s a chain, so most likely, you will be able to find them in your city. http:www.flemingssteakhouse.com

First of all, we arrived and there was complimentary valet parking, which must not sound that amazing to our fellow Houstonians, but let me tell you, nothing is complimentary in DC, NOTHING. If government could pass a bill that taxed us for breathing, I'm sure they would.

The meal begun with some warm whole grain bread and two different types of spreads: sun dried tomato and champagne infused butter and an herb cream cheese butter. You know that you will enjoy the meal up ahead when even the butter is absolutely amazing. Matt and I then shared the crab cakes appetizer which came with the most unique roasted red pepper and lime butter sauce. If I could have licked the plate, I probably would have. After that, Matt ordered the Peppercorn steak which came with green beans and mushrooms (which I happily ate because he severely dislikes fungus) and
also their “proprietary F-17 steak sauce” on the side, which reminded me a little of Mexican chamoy sauce (savory sweet and sour sauce/condiment derived from pickled fruit). I had the petite filet mignon which was accompanied by Fleming’s potatoes (“house specialty with cream, jalapenos and cheddar cheese"). The meat was absolutely flawless, flavorful, tender and juicy, despite my well-done request, that is not always well received by waiters (sorry).

As if we had not eaten enough already, we finished the mean with a chocolate lava cake, which takes 15 minutes to prepare, because it is made fresh. It delicious, decadent but not too thick, which was good after such a heavy meal. It came with vanilla ice cream, chopped pistachios and fresh whipped cream on the side, oh my goodness.

Our waiter was fabulous, funny, attentive and efficient. I have absolutely no complaints, other than the fact that a women at a table next to ours, felt the need to reinvent the menu in a very high pitched voice, every chance she got.

If I have intrigued you at all, I do want to advise you that Fleming’s is not economical, so I would keep the name in the back of your mind, for your next special occasion. It will make any man or woman instantly fall in love with you...and the butter! Oh, but I did read on their website, that supposedly from 5pm to 7pm they offer five appetizers, five wines and five cocktails for $6 each, which could be fun and yummy. Of course if I can figure out how we got that $50 gift card, I will certainly pass on the tip, because this place is definitely worth it.

Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment