Wednesday, March 2, 2011

10 Great Days

We are back, it's cold and I do not want to wear a jacket or a scarf or gloves. It is amazing how in 4 hours I can go from bathing suit to a bundle.

Well, moving on, the trip was fantastic. Somehow everything fell into place very nicely. First, Houston where we stayed with Alex and Let and as always had a great time--a little shopping, walking in the park, pedicures, waxing, cupcakes, former NFL personal trainer with a Jewish name at 6:30am, Tex-Mex and last but not least chicken nuggets. I also got to visit Methodist for a couple hours and play patient liaison again. Cristina, Manny, Kevin and Thomas also joined us for some grilling. Last but not least, we had trendy sushi with Melissa and Garret and got to see Patricia's new house (congrats again) followed by lunch and some frozen yogurt covered in more toppings than the actual yogurt.

Then, we were off to Mexico City for 24 hrs where we took my grandma on a date to the movies and to dinner. Her movie of choice: 'The Rite', let's just say, not the most relaxing 2.5 hours of my life. Oh, and not just any movies, a VIP movie theatre, which I have only experienced in Mexico. A theatre with reclining leather chairs (like a lazy boy) and waiters serving you any food you desire before and during the movie. Things Mexico certainly excels at: movie theatres, popcorn, food and service. No doubt.

Thursday we headed to my friend Regina's house and drove to Acapulco with her siblings. The trip took about 4 hours and we stopped mid-way for some delicious cecina (thin, marinated, lean, salty meat), YUM. We got there just in time, to change and zoom to the civil ceremony. It was held at a breathtaking, "Mexithai" restaurant called Zibu, on a cliff, overlooking the ocean (left). This event could have passed for anyone's wedding, it was so beautiful and fun, but it was only the beginning...

The ceremony consisted of several speeches given by a few friends and family, that talked about the couple and also some essential pillars of a marriage--communication, trust, honesty. Only the couple's closest friends and family were invited, probably about 80 people. And then, I got to sign the marriage certificate, as a witness of this union. The menu included a coconut, chicken soup, followed by shrimp in a tamarind sauce, with mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables, some sorbet and of course all the alcohol in the world. This was followed by music, dancing, a great slide show that included some of our 2004 Europe trip pics and ended around 2am.





There is SO much to tell, I wish I could really convey it all in this blog. Unfortunately I am just able to brush over the surface of the trip, if I do not want to quit my day job... Next blog entry (have to go now)--Mikveh on Friday and wedding on Saturday until 6:00am!

I'm still trying to compile all of my friends pictures, but this is what I have so far: https://picasaweb.google.com/sofocampo/HoustonMexicoCityAndAcapulco

Can't believe it's March, closer and closer to Spring and our first Cherry Blossom Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment