Monday, March 14, 2011

Some rays of sunshine making an appearance

I want to write in this blog as often as possible, but I am having some difficulty. It's not that nothing is going on, but the things I could blog about, do not seem blog-appropriate. Don't get the wrong idea, I do not mean they are too dirty or scandalous, gasp. Perhaps, personal or not my stories to tell. Or maybe, everyday activities that are too boring to write about--oil changes, supermarket outings, laundry or perpetual diets. Yuck.

Nonetheless, I will tell you that we have a visitor. Remember Oleg (right), a friend of Matt's from childhood, who made an appearance in a past blog entry? Well, he was living in DC, but from one week to another he was sent to work in Baghdad. Yup, that is where he has been the past 4 months and he is in Washington until Wednesday for some "R&R" (rest and relaxation). Wish he had a blog, "life in Iraq", that would put mine to shame.

I've been impressed at the amount of calls we have received regarding the earthquake in Japan. Unfortunately, that is not out area of expertise (ICRC= victims of armed conflict), so we refer them to the American Red Cross. But, in the past few hours, people have offered to donate blood, adopt a Japanese baby and give away their estate!

Tomorrow is Leticia's birthday, I wish I could celebrate with her, but I know she will have an amazing day and hopefully we can celebrate soon. Wishing my favorite Brazilian all the best!


Speaking of birthdays, 1 month exactly until Matt's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment