Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bye-bye government?

Just as the Federal Government might shut down, we are headed to Hot Springs, VA.

A while back, I purchased a livingsocial deal for The Homestead, which included one night stay at the resort, breakfast for two and $100 worth of outdoor activities. So, we've been waiting for warmer weather and made a reservation for this weekend, just in time to celebrate both of our birthdays. Hot spring pools, some horseback riding and some golf awaits.


On our way there, we will also be spending the day in Charlottesville, VA. Which is actually where Kath lives! Would love to meet this food blogger that I've talked so much about, but I felt a little shy asking that. I did however e-mail her and she gave me some good advice as to what to do while in her hood :) I guess as a result of e-mailing her, she now appears on my gchat list, which is funny and sort of strange, because I feel like she some sort of "blogger celebrity" and she's ON MY LIST. But, I do not know what to do, because I do not think I can be like Hey Kath, what's going on? How are those kale chips?

In other news, I also signed up for my first 5k! It will take place on May 7th and I am both excited and scared because running is just is not my thing. You may wonder then why I'm doing it? Well, I was tired of the elliptical and did not feel like it was really challenging anymore, so I want to see if I could get into this running business that people speak so highly about. To be quite honest, in high school I HATED it. But, who knows, maybe 8 years later it'll be different? Maybe we shall meet again and fall madly in love....

Keep you posted on how this potential government shut down affects life in DC. Just in case, Matt and I are headed to see the cherry blossoms this afternoon, EVEN the festival could be affected tomorrow. Sheesh.

Quick, random article/video I found --- 

90 square foot home (I can never complain again)

1 comment:

  1. Just because no one commented on my post doesn't mean I won't comment on yours. I hope you have a fantastic getaway. You could even run on your vacation! It's a great way to see a new place. =0)

    ReplyDelete