Saturday, April 2, 2011

HERE

A few weeks ago I was reading my Express Newspaper on the metro and saw that a restaurant was opening nearby at an "urban arts center", called Artisphere, in Rosslyn, and they were having a competition to name it. I intended to submit a suggestions but I completely forgot. I never even made it to the thinking of a name part. Anyways, shortly after, I read that there was a winning name---Here. Yes, the restaurant was going to be called that. How do you google that? Reservations at Here? Here, Arlington VA? Here reviews?

Well, turns out that were having a launch party for which you needed to RSVP and only 300 people would be able to attend. I thought, why not? So, I signed us up and forgot about. Until yesterday...when I received a confirmation e-mail. So, Matt and I decided to venture to Here (see it even looks weird when I write that) and it was quite interesting. All kinds of people, old, young, hip, not-so-much. I really didn't know what to expect from a center like this, but it had all kinds of things--art, photography, music, dance lessons, plays, operas.

Other highlights of the evening included a Mogolian contortionist (worthy of Cirque du Soleil), Artaritas (Artisphere margaritas), ceviche, sliders, vegetable wraps, meatballs, raffles (we sadly did not win) and "living art wall created from plants". Everything and anything. Even PostSecret being projected on the wall.

*This is my 100th post, craaazzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment