Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Full Day

I love not having to wear a suit or heels to work anymore. It's so liberating. However, today I thought I would spruce my look up, because I was headed to the State Department. My favorite Ann Taylor brown suit came out to see the sun, or rather the dreary rain. Mila and I were attending a visa seminar all afternoon and let me tell you, the highlight was when someone asked if her boss' wives could both get 'A' (diplomatic) visas. Yes, you read correctly, WIVES. This individual has TWO wives and despite my best efforts at trying to find out what embassy she worked for, I failed.

Just when my suit thought that it was retiring for the day, I received a call from my old colleague from Methodist International, Renee. I knew that she and my other colleague Summer were in town for some meetings and it turned out they had some time to grab a drink. They were staying at a very close by hotel, so I headed over after work. I wish I had brought my camera, someone who loves pictures as much as I do, should really not leave home without it. Oh well, we talked and talked. It was so nice to see them and catch up on hospital news/schmooze, I really miss it sometimes, especially my patients. Though, according to their website, I still work there: http://methodistinternational.org/about/medicalreferral_team.shtml

To my excitement, when I got home afterwards, I had a package waiting. What could it be? I didn't recognize the little, white box and was not expecting anything. Well, take a look....


Yup, my top teeth. No joke. My orthodontist sent my teeth mold. Why? Wouldn't I like to know.

3 days until my 5k and I seemed to have pulled my hamstring. No, it is not an excuse to get out of running. At 6:30am today, I guess I thought I was karate kid and took it a little too far.


Yesterday was makeover week on the Biggest Loser, LOVE IT! If you want to see the before and after pictures, here's the link: Yahoo.

Also, only about 7 weeks until our trip to Miami with Alex, Leticia, Yunis and Teplin, can't wait! Cristina and Manny will also be there during the same dates, reunion time, hurray :)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for helping me procrastinate. That sucks about your hamstring! I hope that it feels better in time for your run. If not, you can alternate jog/walk depending on how it feels. I did smile thinking of you doing that karate move at 6:30am though. =0)
    Also, after all that talk about your favorite brown suit I was sad that I didn't get to see a picture of you in it. Oh well, can't have a camera with you all the time (unless you have a camera phone I guess).
    Ok, back to studying.
    PS - Super jealous of your trip to Miami. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete