Saturday, August 27, 2011

Irene, you SUCK!

If there was ever a time to bust out the infamous "shit list", I think it's now. And, guess who is at the top? IRENE. I thought the name 'Irene' meant peace?!

My friend Melissa's flight was cancelled, Matt is in Westborough, my mom is in Martha's Vineyard and my dad is flying. I do not particularly like any of those facts.

I think the most annoying part is not knowing if that woman Irene will just bring strong showers to the DC area or anything worse....However, nothing else to do, but be prepared for whatever may come:

  • Food (water, tea, non-perishables)
  • Flashlight/batteries
  • Candles
  • Filled the washing machine with water
  • Turned the AC down in case we lose electricity (maybe it will help the apartment stay cooler a little longer? Who knows...)
  • Reading material (read: chick lits, that will keep me engaged regardless of the power situation)
  • Recorded as many shows as possible on TV (Juno, Jerry Maguire, Say Yes to the Dress, Millionaire Matchmaker, Sex and the City, etc)

Before Zumba at 9:50am

Surprisingly, a lot of people in class today

The gym was packed!!

Post-zumba at 11:10am

Sweaty, but so far, so good...

Agua

Don't judge...

I will update again later tonight, as long as I still have internet.

The last big hurricane I experienced was Ike, Matt and I slept in the closet (!!) and lost power and water for days. Post-Ike we went to our friend Jacob's house to play board games (which ones did we play again Leticia?)...

Our FORT

Leticia, Jacob & Alex

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment