Wednesday, September 28, 2011

ZIPLINING

It’s been quite a hump day. It all started with an egg in hot milk: changua. A typical Colombian breakfast. I had fruit instead. Then, missing clothes and a $30 laundry bill. Turns out, the housekeeper thought that some clothes I had in a bag, were to be washed and took them. But, issue resolved and clean clothes returned safely.

If that was not exciting enough for you, this afternoon we were strapped in and all went ziplining! It was pretty terrifying and amazing at the same time. 120 meters. TWICE. Separate instances. The first drop was a pretty horizontal journey, but the second was much more vertical. You had to “sit down” and then push off a ledge. Oh my Lord. Dios santo bendito del cielo apurado. The view was spectacular, well, what I could see from my squinting eyes of course.

Due to the fact that I knew the afternoon would be exhausting (after the zooming down, we had to hike back up), I decided to indulge in a massage. Last night, I found out that the hotel offers massages, in a nice room, right by the sauna. Whole body, 45 minutes, for $30. I couldn’t resist. I’m still in a daze. Please forgive me for any misspellings or grammatical errors, my eyes are still not quite open. Plus, my computer refuses to spell-check in English here. It’s on strike or something.









1 comment:

  1. i am MUY impressed!!! and also jealous of your $30 massage.

    ReplyDelete