Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Face Smush

I think I have a problem, perhaps even an addiction. The first step is admitting it, right? I try to fight the urge on my way to work, but then I see the green siren and I want it. Badly. Then, I find myself in line, dishing out $4 and uttering four simple words: tall soy chai, please. Technically it's called a "chai tea latte", but I guess Starbucks did not get the memo that that's redundant? Chai = spiced tea. I have made a big effort to only allow myself one a week, on the day I need it most. But, I broke that rule today...it was my second this week. Another rule I have, is to not eat breakfast if I drink one, which I know is not very wise either. As many of you know, I don't drink coffee, so maybe my body is overly excited about caffeine for the first time? Or, I'm just nuts..?

On another note, every time I get into a cab, the driver is on the phone. Always. Have you noticed? But at first, you have no clue, because he's using earphones or a Bluetooth. What I really wonder is who he's talking to ALL day, EVERY day? Other taxi drivers? His wife? What is he saying?

Yesterday's conversation at Au Bon Pain with the cashier:

Her: You are not from here, are you?
Me: Excuse me?
Her: Where are you from?
Me: polite smile, where do you think I'm from?
Her: Saudi Arabia
Me: Nope, Mexico
Her: giggle, giggle with her cashier friends, no way!
Me: Yup

I do not mind at all, it actually amuses me, but do other people get asked these questions?

My friend sent this clip to me yesterday and all it said was "this is how I feel". So appropriate!



Mexico bound tomorrow. On Saturday, our lil' Regi will be a married woman!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so.... I'm not sure this will help your addiction, but did you know you can buy the Chai concentrate they use at Starbucks? http://www.amazon.com/Tazo-Natural-Spiced-Concentrate-32-ounce/dp/B001I16ENM/ref=pd_sim_gro_2

    I buy that same three-pack at Costco for $12 (I think...) and it makes me loooots of lattes. You can also buy a single container at Whole Foods, it's more expensive, but probably saves you compared to Starbucks overall.

    ReplyDelete