Friday, December 2, 2011

Do YOU know something (that no one told you)?

I think that social media turns us into creepy mc'creepsters sometimes. Especially when we oh, so happen to know stuff about people we rarely talk to anymore (or ever for that matter). In all fairness, people choose to post this information on websites such as Facebook or Twitter and grant you permission to view it. However, it still feels a tad weird to know that people broke up with their partner, switched jobs, are "going camping this weekend" or passed the Bar Exam, without ever having to even engage in a conversation with them. Don't you think? Plus, it's always awkward when you run into someone, who you do not see or talk to often and (for example) they proudly tell you that they just bought a house and a nonchalant yes, I know slips out.

In conclusion, better to just zip it?

It also happens with my blog, sometimes I'll talk to a friend and a) either I tell them a story that they already read about, which sometimes has the potential of killing the excitement a little (but it's my own fault for writing about it) or b) I refrain from telling a story, assuming they already read about it and then feel ridiculous for expecting them to be reading about my shenanigans.

Anyways, that's all on that.

Back to today's real business: Becky is turning 8 years old today! 

In Mexico over the summer
At school this morning

Off to a birthday happy hour (not Becky's)...happy Friday!

Lastly, some funny websites, courtesy of my colleagues at work -


1 comment:

  1. You can tell me your stories again, I won't tell you I read them before :)

    ReplyDelete