Friday, March 30, 2012

Adieu March


I've noticed that several blogs that I read have some sort of  "recap of the week" and I really enjoy it. It's a good spot for stories/links/comments that perhaps are not worthy or lengthy enough for a whole post, but worth mentioning. So, without further ado -

1. A few days ago, I went to Dean & Deluca (left with a chicken pot pie for Matt and a risotto ball) in Georgetown with my friend Laura and as we were getting off the bus I saw Paul Wharton! Who is he you may ask? He was on the Real Housewives of DC. Yes, I may have been the only person to watch that show. Busted.


2. Dr. Jakob Kellenberger, President of the ICRC, was visiting this week. Below is a picture that the U.S. Department of State: Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration posted on Facebook, from his meeting with Secretary Clinton.


3. Today, I had to go see an ophthalmologist at Georgetown University Hospital. I was not too pleased, because it is quite out of the way and I was "accidentally" scheduled with the wrong physician. Nonetheless, I went and spent 2 hours there. Of course, it's a teaching hospital and while I value and understand the importance of this, you can't help but be slightly annoyed at all the poking and prodding (done by several people). Especially when you are are due at work. You can only imagine what I looked like all morning, after eye numbing + dilation drops...



4. Our Cherry Blossom Race that seemed oh so far away, is already this Sunday. Matt is running in the 10 miler and I'm doing the 5k. Here's to hoping it all goes well :)


5. There are gorgeous and vibrant tulips all over the city. I can't get over how beautiful they are!

Red tulips in front of the army memorial and old executive office building
Yellow tulips by the Capitol 

5. Happy hour at Eighteenth Street Lounge (our friend Molly was in town!), where they often have free hummus, falafel and pita bread - YUM.

Hello Jake and Lydia!

Bon weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment