Friday, March 9, 2012

Remember Klutz?

I don't know how to braid my hair. Really wish I did. Recently, I've been asking my friend Lydia to braid it, when I get to work. I feel like a little girl, asking someone to do my hair, but unless I suddenly learn or Matt does (oooh, that's a thought), looks like this is it. The other day, Lydia and I started talking about different types of braids (french, fishtail/herring bone, twist, etc) and where we read about them, we suddenly realized that we were both talking about the Klutz hair book! Remember this cover? 

We got so excited reminiscing about it. So far, every girl our age, that we have asked, HAD the book. Lydia looked it up on Amazon and it is now selling for $60 dollars (the other day we even saw it for $200)!! Can you believe it? So, if anyone has it lying around at home, there are serious buck$ to be made. 

On a separate note, I'm always looking for some new (preferably healthy and yummy) food options. So, thought I'd share some current favorites (all from Trader Joe's) with you guys, in case you need a new somethin' somethin' - 

Hands down, best pesto I've had outside of Italy so far 
DELICIOUS bars, plus it has 9g of protein
Great way to eat some veggies, plus the spices in them are fantastic

Also, courtesy of the "braid master" Lydia, this hilarious website called #WHATSHOULDWECALLME, where the author finds images or clips that portray different situations perfectly. I really love them. Here are a few -




Last but certainly not least, I could not be more excited about this discovery. Last weekend, I read about a website (Once Upon a Drawing) where "your child's drawings come to life". You e-mail a copy of the drawing to the creator and she tells you if she can make a "softie" (stuffed animal) from it. For example - 



Adorable, huh? So, I e-mailed her a drawing of Jiffy (my life-long mouse friend) to see if she could make him for us and she said YES!!! He is currently being made (sans sign) and will arrive in the next few weeks. I can't wait. 



BON weekend - oh, and for those in the US, don't forget to move your clocks ahead 1 hour on Sunday. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute post as always! Can't wait to see a photo of Jiffy as a real tangible creation!

    Also...I know how you like chocolate, so you need to try the Luna bar in Chocolate Raspberry flavor. It is delicious and is my new breakfast replacement, which also tastes like dessert...

    ReplyDelete