Oyster shucker, fireworks, Jamestown, mint juleps, stingray, soft shell crab, blue skies, golf carts to and fro, swimming, "fish bowl" (game)...
We spent the last couple days on Gwynn's Island, on the Chesapeake Bay, which is about 3 hours away from DC. Our friends Breck and Ellie, who we have known since freshman year of college, tied the knot and it could not have been a better Memorial Day weekend. It was hard to come back to reality.
I feel like when I blog about weddings, I can never do them justice. Perhaps I shouldn't even try and simply stick to pictures? While the wedding itself was gorgeous, I have to add that what made it all even more unique and special, was the fact that we got to talk, laugh, play, drink, eat and celebrate three days in a row, with the couple, their families and a couple dozen friends from college! What more can you ask for?
Jamestown
With Sara on Friday evening
Lunch and swim on Saturday, pre-wedding
Chesapeake Bay swimming
Wedding time!
Manny, Ryan & Matt
Reception
Newlyweds :)
Fireworks
BBQ & bluegrass on Sunday
Group dinner
Manny & I sharing our love the "seafood sampler"
Back at home, we're getting ready for two new visitors: My mom and our friend Jacob! Must go wash sheets. Was just introduced to this terrible + catchy song (yes, perhaps I'm a bit late):
No comments:
Post a Comment