Friday, May 4, 2012

Metro ate your shoe?

Happy Cinco de Mayo tomorrow (which is NOT Mexican independence day, sorry)!

I was the first person off the metro yesterday and onto the escalator. It was out of order, which always produces a mini-sigh out of me when I'm tired/sore from an early morning workout. As I reached the top, I noticed a young woman and the metro attendant looking at the last stair of the escalator with serious and worried looks on their faces. I quickly glanced down and noticed that the woman's shoe (the ever so popular black ballerina flat) had gotten caught in between stairs. AHA! The culprit of the malfunction. As I walked out, I noticed her not too far behind me. Shoeless. The bottom of her beige stalkings getting filthy. Ew. She was left with only one shoe and I guess took the other one off in solidarity? How much would it suck for a metro escalator to "eat" your shoe and THEN to have to go to work barefoot? Talk about a bad commute. Where do you get another shoe in downtown DC at 8am? Luckily, we have a GAP and a Nine West nearby, but they probably don't open until 10am....so, I suppose you just make do till then and then dish out the money? Maybe CVS has slippers or flip flops? What if it was winter? With snow on the ground!?

Today was quite a day and I found myself in all 3 states within a few hours. I went to work extra early in order to leave mid-morning and head to Baltimore to pick up Gaby's mom (my "bonus grandma"!!) who is our special guest for the weekend 

Metro -->Train-->Bus-->Walk-->Pick up-->Bus-->Bus (got on the wrong one before)-->Train-->Walk-->Metro-->Metro (switch line)-->Home

Once back in DC, we had a quick bite at Union Station before heading a couple blocks down to Univison - amazing views of the capitol (the building has a terrace you can rent for $10,000 USD!!) and great to see old friends. Afterwards it was time to meet Matt at home and off to dinner we went. La Tasca (Spanish tapas) never disappoints. Much more to explore tomorrow and Sunday, but for now ZZzzzzzzz...



"Lion tries to eat baby" (video) - I don't think I would have the stomach to just watch that lion near my baby, even with the glass! Scary and crazy.



Also, how do you feel about a polka dot house? "Awesome Eyesore"?


LOVE, love, yum, SWOON - PiƱata Cookies!!


 *Happy graduation day to our Aerospace Engineer J. Yunis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment