Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mazel Tov

How shall I begin this entry?

Let’s first address the fact that everyone left anonymous comments on the last blog entry. It wouldn’t be so much of an issue except for the fact that I have no clue who wrote what and the fact that someone kindly provided me with the mental image of amateur midget porn. I could understand why that person would want to remain anonymous but everyone else? Oh, and note to the midget porn viewer, I am certain that there are plenty of other more appropriate websites where your views will be appreciated. For now, my blog is read by my parents and grandparents and will remain PG-13, unless otherwise noted by me. Hmm, unless my grandma wrote that comment about midget porn, in that case, forget this whole paragraph.

I forgot to mention to you, that Matt received an e-mail a few days ago from the HR coordinator at Capital One. The e-mail was pretty much a generic rejection letter, stating that after careful review of his application, they did not have a position for him. Ummm WHAT?!? It reminded of that Queen Latifah movie “Last Holiday” where she thinks she is going to die, so she goes on a very expensive vacation, spends a bunch of money, later to find out her doctor had made a mistake and she was going to live many more years. Well, re-reading what I just wrote, I guess that was not really similar to our situation at all, but anyways you get the point. We had moved to DC, quit our jobs, paid for an apartment, to find out later that Matt never really had the job. That would have been a LONG car ride back to Houston, although some of our friends might have secretly been very happy. Maybe they hacked into the HR guy’s e-mail and wrote the letter themselves? You know who you are…

Anyways, it was all a mistake, Matt is happily employed and signed us up for health insurance today, mazel tov.

2 comments:

  1. you're funny. i think you should return to your journalistic roots. <3

    p.s. i can't figure out how to make it anonymous, so i'm forced to reveal my true identity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another tantalizing update. Eagerly awaiting your next post.

    ReplyDelete