Monday, September 20, 2010

9-24-2010

I want to dedicate this post to my good friend Patricia Mahoney, who will be getting hitched this Friday in Red Bank, New Jersey. For those of you who do not know her, I met Patricia in college, we have been friends every since and roommates for a year after college. The details of how we became friends are not very clear; I know that a very big container of Goldfish was involved.

This skinny, Irish girl embodies friendliness, kindness, generosity and good humor. She is a pleasure to be around and I am honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. I am exciting about this wedding for the obvious reasons: get to dress up and look like a Mexican jelly bean, eat filet mignon, see old friends…but I think what I love the most, is that I feel like I have seen her relationship with Chris (the fiance, for you confused folk) develop since the beginning of this fairy tale. I knew Patricia when she was single, when she dated other men (but none like you, no worries Chris), when she and Chris started dating, moved in together, when I predicted she would get engaged in Ireland (and she did, fiuf!!) and now, preparing for the big day with her for the past 14 months.

This is starting to sound like a speech or something, but you get the point. I am extremely happy for this couple, I can say without any doubt, that they will be (well, already are) wonderful together and that their future is full of happiness. I have gotten a sneak peak of Patricia in her wedding dress and let me tell you, she looks stunning; I’ll share pictures when we get back.

As I was saving a picture of the couple to upload, I quickly typed in their initials P + C, which became PC, which made me laugh because it felt like I was labeling their picture: PC computer, which by the way, I do prefer over Mac’s and now I know my simple joke has gotten out of hand, anyways…moving forward, here they are:



Oooh, Chris's last name also starts with a C, so really, Patricia will always be a PC in my heart, from Friday on :)

Lastly, thank you to those of you who came out of the woodwork (is that an expression?) and left comments on my last post, loved them, much obliged!

No comments:

Post a Comment