Random thoughts:
-I very much dislike the man on the metro that told me I was talking too loudly, que rude!
-US Capitol Police shot an armed man this morning after he pointed a gun directly at them, que scary!
-I received an e-mail from the editor of the Florence Newspaper (online newspaper I wrote for in Italy) and the newspaper is now printed on paper and sells ads, he said I could always come back and work for the newspaper, que tempting!
-It’s finally the weekend and next weekend will be a 4 day week because we are off to New Jersey, for Patricia’s wedding! Maybe we will see Snooki from Jersey Shore, que no thank-you!
-Fun seeing my boss on C-Span randomly, que cool!
Can’t decide whether the ‘que’ endings are annoying or not. Oh well….forgive me if they are.
Fell in love with Curbside Cupcakes this week, sorry Matt, you've got competition. It’s this pink truck that drives around the city selling cupcakes, of all flavors: coconut, key lime, black forest, carrot cake, almond joy, gluten free. In the morning it tweets where it’s going to be throughout the day and on Wednesday, it was
coming to the Hill! Luckily, it does not come every week, which is probably best for our physiques and wallets. So, I refreshed Twitter a million times and caught it, figured it was a yummy afternoon treat and a good way to sweeten up my co-workers, one is in dire need of some sweetness (hope she/he never reads this, woops). The first 50 people got one free cupcake if you knew the secret password and guess what people? I rocked the secret password: hhgregg.I HATE that I did not come up with the idea of a pink, cupcake truck, bummer! And why didn’t I come up with Silly Bands? I would retire at 24.
Work is going well, met the Congressman this week and he’s great. We also hired one more employee, so I am no longer the new girl, hurray. I am still not sure what the weekend has in store for us yet, maybe some shopping…my mom is in awe of everything, Netflix, CVS stores, iPod’s, Bath and Body Works hand soaps, etc. I could probably drop her off at a Target and she could be there all day. I think a movie outing is a good idea, so many options this weekend. My girly side wants to see “Easy A” or “Going the distance” and my ‘let me choose something my boyfriend would also enjoy’ side wants to see “The Town”.
Shout out to my one, loyal, blog reader—HOLA EMILY! If there are more, please come out of hiding or else I will just e-mail Emily instead of blogging and call it a day.
It's Grandma and I just love your bloggggggggg!
ReplyDeleteOo that cupcake truck just reminds me how much I need a cupcake. The new Top Chef: Just Desserts had a cupcake quickfire and I've been craving ever since... HOLA, back at ya! ;)
ReplyDeleteGood cupcake truck in Austin too, except here the trendy thing is to serve food out of a truck that doesn't move -- less exciting than yours.
ReplyDeletei am loyal! and i second Grandma's thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog.Don't stop.
ReplyDeleteIs your house guest's jet lag better?
xolisa
I read it to tesoro!!! - que fun!!!!!! =) besos
ReplyDelete