Thursday, September 2, 2010

C'est la vie!

The Real Housewives of DC say that it is not about money in this city, it's about who you know. Ok, ok, you can laugh. I can't believe I just tried quoting The Real Housewives of DC and that I'm actually admitting to watching the show. Let's call it research, I mean I just moved to this city and I need to know what I'm up against.

Ok, back to my point. When we first arrived, I went to visit my old boss and Bureau Chief of Univision. We talked for hours and brainstormed about possible jobs. She told me that she knew a lovely young woman on Capitol Hill. She e-mailed her, I got her information and a week later we had coffee (yes, just an expression, I don't drink coffee. I had chai, can I say "we grabbed some chai"? Anyways, she was extremely pleasant and gave me the lay of the land. It was certainly not an interview by any means, just a friendly chat. About two weeks later, I received an e-mail from the Congressman's Chief of Staff, he said that my new friend had sent him my resume and he wanted to meet! Well, two interviews later, here I am, I'll be heading towards my new office on Tuesday. You just never know how thinks will work out. My formal title is 'Staff Assistant" and I will be located in Cannon Building, 328.

In honor of my RE-employment, Matt brought me flowers and a balloon. I'm one lucky girl! For five weeks now, I have been constantly looking for jobs and now that I have one, I'm feeling nervous about entering the real world again. What do you mean no more napping in the late morning? Wait, I have to set an alarm again? Wear nice, work clothes? WEAR CLOTHES? Getting a job is overrated :)

On a completely unrelated note, what is up with roundabouts? While I'm in them, my GPS tells me to take the 2nd exit, which one is that? Where do I start counting? I'm in a darn circle!!

12 days until my mom arrives in DC and 22 days until Patricia gets married!! Exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment