Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hershey time?

I would really love to write a book or a column, but I am not sure what to write about, which could be an issue, right? Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated.

For those of you who did not hear, there was a shooting at the UT campus this morning. The shooter shot himself in the library and luckily it seems like no one else was injured. I have several friends at UT and my first priority was to make sure they were ok and they were. Thank God. How scary, this is the perfect example that you never know what will happen and even though it sounds very cliché and I do not always abide by this, one must live life to the fullest. Every day.

On a happier note, it looks like my colleague Kelly (Congressman’s scheduler) and I might be going to Miami for work, in the next few weeks. I have not been in Miami since my internship in 2007 and I really did not get to see much, due to my ‘no-highways restriction’, imposed by my father. In all fairness, I deserved it (can’t believe I just admitted to that and IN PRINT) but I was moving to Miami for the summer, where you need a car to get around and I did not know how to drive. Yes, at 21 years old. I packed my Mexican drivers license (all you have to do is pay to get one), rented a black, Chevy Aveo (which cost a fortune) and only drove within a 5 mile radius all summer. My dad jokingly says that it is the most expensive driving lesson of all times. He is right. Better late than never, right? I never even made it to Miami beach, unbelievable I know.

There is a blog that I read, when possible every day. My friend Emily suggested it to me and although I enjoy it, I am not totally sure why I read it. She blogs a lot about fitness and healthy eating, maybe I think that if I read it enough, her uber-healthiness will rub off on me? Or maybe, I just like catching a glimpse of someone else’s life? Or maybe I read it because she reminds me of my friend Emily so much. Who knows? But, if you are interested here it is: http://www.katheats.com/

Lastly, I decided today that I want to go to the Hershey Park. http://www.hersheypark.com I read about it in another blog that I read once in a while (http://thedcladies.blogspot.com) and decided that it sounds awesome, only 2.5 hours away—

Amusement Park + Chocolate + Beautiful Accommodations = I’m there.

P.S: The photographer posted some wedding pictures on her blog, they are beautiful!
(http://findorionphoto.com/blog)

1 comment:

  1. Did you notice that you talked about the healthy eating blog right before you talked about the chocolate amusement park? That made me smile. =0) Glad you are getting to know Kath.

    ReplyDelete