another congressional office just came by and dropped off 2 enormous bags of m&m’s in front of my face, in exchange for 5 bottles of orange juice. Whoever thinks that is a fair trade is crazy...No, I did not eat it all, no worries. I proceeded to give it all to my colleagues, but come on people! Que pasa? Or as Matt and my old boss Valter say, QUE PASTA?On another note, there is a man at my metro stop that hands out Washington Post-
Express newspapers in the morning. He is so friendly and every time he sees me he says “here comes America’s next top model”, as ridiculous as that statement sounds, he does manage to bring a smile to my face every morning. On Monday, I decided to ask him what his name was, Alonzo he responded. I figured that if I am going to interact with someone every morning, I might as well at least know their name. Well, on Tuesday he stopped me and said in a very sentimental tone, that I was the first person in all of his years handing out newspaper to ever care to ask what his name was. He said that he was very grateful that I cared. I almost started crying. So, the moral of that story is: Try to take a moment and say hi/ask their name/thank someone that does not always get the attention or appreciation that he/she deserves. I can assure you that they will appreciate it and it will make you feel good as well. At this time next week, we’ll be on our way to the airport---Houston bound. I cannot wait! We will be staying with our friends Alex and Leticia, going to the Shakira
concert and celebrating Alex, Melissa and Garret’s birthday. I’m beyond excited, as you can only imagine. The only other time I saw Shakira was in Milan, while studying abroad and she was fantastic, I went with my friend Kiki, my Mexican-Chinese, adorable friend, it seems like a lifetime ago. This morning I tried scheduling a doctor’s appointment, nothing’s wrong, no worries, just an annual check-up and they told me that there were no appointments until April. What?!? Que?! After working at Methodist International and having the best doctors at my finger tips, I am spoiled and therefore hearing those three words, “nothing until April” made me beyond upset and sad. I wanted to yell, THIS IS SOFIA WITH METHODIST INTERNATIONAL. I used to get same-day appointments and walk through doors labeled “restricted access”. Life in DC is tough. Screw this. I called my fairy godmother Melissa and I will going to the doctor in Houston. I’m not ready to move on yet. That's the honest truth.
Thank you Emily C. for this hilarious article:
(http://consumerist.com/2010/09/anti-theft-lunch-bags-make-thieves-think-your-sandwich-is-moldy.html)
No comments:
Post a Comment