Saturday, October 23, 2010

LOVE, AMOR, L'AMOUR, AMORE

While I lay here in bed, with a terrible case of the sniffles and the sensation of daggers cutting my throat every time I swallow, I cannot help but think about love, well...and how I need another tissue box, I'm thirsty, achy, stuffed up and might fall asleep while writing this, but primarily love.

I have to admit what prompted this sudden onset of romantic, gushy emotions and it was The Biggest loser, woops I mean Matt, well truthfully it was The Biggest loser. Ok, anyways, I know it sounds ridiculous BUT I recently found out that two contestants from last season are now engaged (featured below--Sam and Stephanie) and another is now dating (Sam's Cousin-Koli and Ashley). I cannot explain this, but it made me extremely happy. I know that I do not know these people, do not know the real story, that it could perhaps be a publicity stunt, but I want to think it isn't. I want to think that while struggling with their weight loss, they also found love, a partner, happiness. Surprisingly enough The Biggest Loser has a better track record than The Bachelor!


For those of you rolling your eyes and who are thinking that your time would have been better spent right now reading Bloomberg or CNN, I apologize. But, I must say that despite all the horrible things that happen in the world and all the sad stories I have heard so far, in my short 24 years of life, I want to think that love does indeed still make the world go around.

Maybe I'm naive, maybe I'm still young, but I do LOVE love.

I decided to google 'love' to see what came up, these were the first seven results:

1. Love - Wikipedia
2. The Love Calculator (A ridiculously, stupid site that tells you how successful your relationship will be based on the names of those involved. In case you were dying of curiosity, the magic calculator gave Brad and Angelina a 23% success rate, I tried plugging our friend Angelina with other people, to see if we got a higher success rate--Tom Cruise, Lou Dobbs, Justin Bieber, Lamar Odom, but her score never went above the 40% range, pobrecita Angelina)
3. Love - Dictionary.com
4. Club Love, DC (No idea what this place is like, but when I clicked on the site, the loud, rap music, almost made my head explode)
5. Love Poems and Quotes (I would leave you with an inspirational one, but too many pop-ups made it impossible for me to even read any, sorry)
6. How to Love - wikiHow (6 easy steps to follow to learn how to love, Lord! What?)
7. The Beatles Love, Cirque Du Soleil (Great show!)

I have no idea what the point of listing those was, I think my Tylenol AM is wearing off...what was I talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment