
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a private humanitarian institution based in Geneva, Switzerland. States parties (signatories) to the four Geneva Conventions of 1949 and their Additional Protocols of 1977 and 2005, have given the ICRC a mandate to protect the victims of international and internal armed conflicts. Such victims include war wounded, prisoners, refugees, civilians, and other non-combatants.
My job title is "Welcome Responsible" which is the Swiss way of saying "Welcome Manager". I have absolutely loved it so far. No complaints whatsoever and that is saying quite a bit coming from my somewhat critical self. This past week was also hard because my great grandma Estelle passed away. I feel extremely lucky to have had her with us all these years, she was 94 years old, but it is still sad to have her pass. Below is a picture that I took with her a few years ago (three generations, my mom is missing to complete four):
Our friends Alex and Leticia are visiting and we have a lot of exploring to do, so I will continue this post another time. Just wanted to update you, say hi and wish you a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment