Friday, December 31, 2010

Adios 2010....

Only 1 hour until 2011 begins and it's ending on a very positive note, except for Kesha's silver tooth I just saw on Dick Clark's New Year's Special. Anyways, last night, my friend Terri was in town and she came over for dinner. Always nice to see a familiar face and reminisce about old times. Terri was my neighbour freshman year and we've been friends ever since. Soon she will be Dr. Cheng, which I admire her for. Good luck on her board exams in February!



About a week ago, Matt got us a 'bikram yoga' groupon (5 classes) and this morning was class #1. I had tried this type of yoga back in Houston once, with my friend Leticia and never went back. For those of you not familiar with what I'm talking about, it's hot yoga. 100 degree room, 90 minutes, 26 poses. It's like doing yoga in a sauna. I have never sweat so much in my life. I still cannot decide if I like it or hate it, but we will be going at least 4 more times. We already signed up to go again on Sunday. The place is only 2 blocks away from our apartment, very clean and not smelly at all. At the end of the class, the instructor gave us each a cold, citrus smelling towel for our face and it felt like heaven. Absolutely divine. I'll keep you posted on our progress, for now...namaste.

DC has quite an array of new year's events, but of course quite expensive. Instead of venturing to an unfamiliar club or bar, we decided to go out for dinner and then continue our celebrations at home. Our friend Cristina was going to join us, but unfortunately she was not feeling well. We chose 'Ruth's Chris' for our last 2010 supper and it totally hit the spot. Cesar salad, filet mignon with shrimp and a cheesecake accompanied by chocolate, almond bark!


Happy birthday to Yunis and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for season 2 ....life on DC 2011
    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete