We saw 'True Grit', which despite my lack of enthusiasm for westerns, entertained me quite a bit, despite a crazy/weird woman who rocked and sweat profusely next to us, throughout the film. The young, female, actress was impressive. The night before, we went to a Christmas party at Gaby's friend's house and it was anything but dull---soap opera star, bacalao (traditional Mexican, Christmas cod dish, yum), loud and quite tipsy women, vodka Neiman Marcus cake and even a glimpse of Tiger Woods in his brand new Escalade.
Due to the bad East coast snow storms, I did not think that we would be able to get home and truthfully I would have not minded, but surprise, surprise we had no issues at all. The flight was perfectly on time and we came home to a snowless city?!....I guess NYC and Boston took it all.
Confession--we have been flying JetBlue recently and the free, Direct TV is magical. Do not fear, Southwest is still my #1.
Story Time
We were driving to the movies on Christmas day and of course, everything was closed. Except a big tent made of barbed wire, in the middle of a Michael's parking lot, by the mall. Fireworks were being sold, we drove by, wondering if it was really open and we saw a young woman standing there, so we ventured over. She was there selling all kinds of dangerous fun: sparklers, smoke balls, bangers, party poppers. We decided to surprise my sisters and get some for that evening. As we paid, the girl mentioned that she was open 24-7 and thus was going to be a cold night. Confused, we began to inquire further. It turns out that the girl was LIVING THERE. She had already been there a week and was going to be there another two, during the holidays. She was not the owner, but the contractor and was sleeping there those three whole weeks. She told us that she slept in a tent under the cash register table, went to the bathroom in the port-a-potty next door and by the "whiff" of it, did not shower. I felt so bad, she said that the rest of the year, she worked at Cracker Barrel. I doubt firework stands attract the best of people...especially at night. It really makes you grateful for not having to accept a job of that nature. I'm wishin' and hopin' she is well compensated for such a miserable job.
Lovey Dovey Time
My former colleague and friend Javier, got engaged this weekend! Congratulations to him and Lucy; one day remind me to tell you how they met, it's quite a story.
It looks like we might be venturing to Monterrey, MX next year :)
Fantasy Football Time
Hellraising Princess aka me, is UNDEFEATED, yes that means 15-0. Tomorrow night, is the moment of truth. I am up against Alex, a Norwegian who has what it takes, but on behalf of princesses all around the world, I want the victory, the glory and the money!!

No comments:
Post a Comment