Matt: Umm, the Arizona shooting?
Me: No, not that, so sad, it was something more upbeat. Nothing on the yahoo homepage?
Matt: Yo no se.
Me: Ok, let's recap, we've talked about the shooting, surrogacy, health care, eating more fruit...
Matt: Hmm...Me: Oh, I remember the Groupon thing!
I read this adorable article about a guy who proposed to his girlfriend on Groupon. Like I mentioned in another blog entry, Groupon is a deal-of-the-day website, that is localized to major geographic markets. Greg from Cincinnati, contacted Groupon about creating a marriage proposal banner on the site (his girlfriend is apparently an avid user), but instead they wanted to take it up on a notch. The page featured a proposal instead labeled "A Surprise for a Dana from a Greg,” and read: “Expires Jan. 5, 2011. Nontransferable. Groupon entitled to no less than 15% of your marital bliss." The funny thing is that the deal went to all 219,000 Cincinnati subscribers. If you clicked on the "buy" button it said: “Congratulations Dana or Stranger, you are now unofficially obliged to marry Greg!” Awww. Oh, AND it turns out that the couple is friends with a girl we went to Israel with. It's indeed a small world afterall.
In other news, yesterday we went to Tyson's Corner. A very beautiful mall, near Matt's work. I had to return a few Christmas gifts, including alleged "one size fits all" earmuffs. Which is clearly a lie, because they didn't fit MY head. Way to affect someone's self esteem, hi I'm Sofia and I have a BIG HEAD. Thanks L.L.Bean.Although, I must admit I did not leave the mall empty handed. A very beautiful, gray leather, Vince Camuto purse managed to leave with us, thanks to my generous boyfriend and grandma Robbin. .
Speaking of my grandma, today is her birthday. I will not disclose her exact age, but let me tell you, she is probably in better shape than all of us put together. She hikes, goes to spinning a couple times a week, dance class...the list goes on. Looking forward to her visit, along with my grandpa Don, in 11 days. She just called me from the Disney Center, where they are watching a concert and she just saw Sandra Oh. For those of you who do not know who that is, she's Cristina Yang on Grey's Anatomy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment