Sunday, February 13, 2011


Happy Valentine's day eve. I have always liked Valentine's day, even when I was single, well probably slightly less, but still. I know people say that it's commercial, not a real holiday, but I think you can make these days whatever you want them to be. In Mexico, it's called dia del amor y la amistad, day of love and friendship. What is wrong with dedicating one whole day to those two things? I hope people spend more than just one day thinking about love and friendship, but just one day where everything is about romance, friends, chocolate, flowers, affection, tiny middle school'esque valentine cards, why not?

We are celebrating a day early, because Matt has a work dinner tomorrow. Or perhaps... he is having dinner with his other girlfriend? How convenient that his meeting happens to fall ON valentine's day. Who in their right mind schedules something then? :(

So today we exchanged gifts, which among other things included a case of beers for Matt, from "around the world" (featured below). We also went to the movies to see "Just go with it" (let's just say I do not think it will be winning any awards) and just got home from a yummy dinner at Willows, which is within walking distance from our apartment. I had a flatbread, with pesto, sautéed shrimp, grilled zucchini, smoked mozzarella and lemon. Also, jumbo lump crab cakes with sweet potato gnocchi, roasted brussel sprouts, bacon, mushrooms and mustard fumet (?) We used a groupon that I had previously purchased, so our entire bill was $4.50! Looks like I'm cheap date.

Happy birthday to my mom, who I believe is in Bangkok and happy, happy valentine's day to you all. Thank you for your friendship.

CHEERS!


No comments:

Post a Comment