Thursday, February 3, 2011

Well, good morning Mr. President :)

As I got off the metro this morning, I was excited that despite us having to wait for a woman to get her purse back from the metro "munching" doors, I still had ten minutes to get to my office. I exited the metro and was surprised by a police man yelling at people not to cross the street and to stay away from the edges of the side walk. There were also police cars everywhere, stopping traffic. I had no idea what to think, you never know in this city--Accident? Terrorist attack? Snowmaggedon? Well, after a few minutes I finally realized that the streets were all cleared because Obama's motorcade was en route. Surely, a few minutes later, more than a dozen, shiny, black cars and vans of all sizes drove by. They were also accompanied by several police cars and even an ambulance at the end. It was pretty cool to witness, I'd be lying if I said I caught a glimpse of my amigo Barack, but I'm certainly on the lookout.

When I got to work, one of my colleagues told me that depending on the size of the motorcade you can usually tell if it's Obama or Biden. Apparently, Biden does not usually get an ambulance. He is told me that they pass by our office almost every day (I do not face that side of the building, so I had no idea), we are only one metro stop away from the White House and they sometimes stop at Victoria Secret next door! Althugh, there is a Morton's Steakhouse above it, so that perhaps makes more sense....?


20 more days until Acapulco, bon voyage snow (I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment