Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Affair

I would be lying if I said that I did not ask Matt to record the royal wedding for me yesterday, however I didn't realize how utterly mushy, happy and (even a bit) teary the affair would make me. I will not bore you with my thoughts on the wedding (most of the world has an opinion), but I did think it was truly lovely and Kate looked stunning, I cannot get over it. I think people around me might start worrying that Matt is not my "type".


AND, as it turns out, I will not write out the whole story in case the tabloids are spying on my blog (I can tell you the story in a less public setting), I had no idea that I have a friend of mine, has a good friend, that knows Kate and William (for realzzz)!! Yup, the news is that they are just as lovely as we would think/hope, hurray.

On a less royal note, yesterday, we went to our first National's (baseball) game with my office and families. There were about 40 of us that went and we had a good time, despite the unexpected cold wind blowing in our faces. The stadium is new and nice, on the water and the National's beat the San Francisco Giants (who won the world series last year) 3-0! However, the metro ride back home took quite a while, first time since we moved here, venturing out on the green line (navy yard), had to change metro lines three times, Dios.






As soon as Matt wakes up and I finish this post our weekend will officially be consumed by apartment searching. Believe it our not, in July we'll have been here a year. Therefore, we just received a lease renewal via e-mail from our leasing office and rent seems to have sky rocketed up by about $400 dollars, which is INSANE. On Thursday, we went to talk to them and this very "suave" leasing agent, with a movie star type name, has agreed to go down about $300, which is much better, but we still want to see if there is anything else out there. He wants an answer to his "deal of the century" by Monday, so we have narrowed down our apartment search to about 12 (from about 50) and will try and go see them all in the next 48 hours.

I have to go shower, but I just want to conclude by saying that if you ever have a website that sells something (ex: an apartment), please, I beg you, make it nice. No one wants to click on an ugly, confusing or antiquated picture. Also, if I see another pool table or blurry picture from the '50's on an apartment website, I'll scream. What are you thinking? Seriously?!


Feliz dia del nino (happy children's day)!

3 comments:

  1. I definitely taped it and watched the entire thing yesterday morning after I woke up (with only a little fast forwarding here and here). I want to hear about your connection! Also, good luck apartment searching, I hope it's doing well and you either find something awesome or decide your place is still awesome and worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are even more beautiful than Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! Kate is more beautiful

    ReplyDelete