At the last apartment showing, I found myself telling another potential renter (who turned out to be the ex-CEO of the American Red Cross, go figure) in the leasing office, how much we loved our current apartment, which I figured was a pretty good indicator that perhaps our search was over. We will still lack storage space, a bath tub, two sinks and some other frivolous wants (stainless steel love of mine, one day we shall reunite), but N. Quincy Street has been very good to us in the last year. Perhaps not our pockets, but certainly good to us.
*Old pictures below in case you need a mental image of our home sweet home for another twelve months, but I think we need to take some new ones.
Also this weekend, I ventured to Lululemon again because my grandma kindly sent me a gift card for my birthday. That store is seriously something else, I still cannot explain it, but it's certainly overwhelming. Not only are there 4,521 types of tank tops, sports bras, shorts, pants and jackets, but all the girls who work there remind me of the cheerleader type in high school. Fit, blonde and full of giggles. Do not get my wrong, I like the store, but it makes me a little uncomfortable. It evens feels a little "cult-ish", as if you are not in tip top shape or a super avid yogi, you should not be allowed in. The girls were doing yoga in the window, for FUN. I left with some running pants and a top. Baby steps. Oh, and no one was killed during my visit.
It seems wrong to conclude this post sans mention of Osama Bin Laden.
I cannot fully gauge what the overall feel in the city is, on one hand crowds gathered outside the White House late last night and early this morning to celebrate, but there were also men with machine guns on several corners near my office all day...
I'll let you know how the rest of the week progresses.

For some reason the anonymous comments were not working for a while, but it looks like they are back if you care to comment and do not have a profile.
No comments:
Post a Comment