Thursday, May 26, 2011

I stink. Pee-yoo!

Welcome to the heat. No, I do not mean the Miami basketball team. I mean the excruciating, sweat rolling down your back and your palms are sticky, hot weather. I know, I know, before I was complaining about the cold, now the heat, what will make me happy?

A longer spring perhaps...

For heavens sake, the crisp, sunny weather lasted less than it takes me to shower. And, being that I grew up in a household where your shower either lasted less than 3 minutes or you were left behind, that's fast.

Of all the days of the year, today was the day I needed to go hand deliver 4 different envelopes around the city. Some of you might be reading this and thinking, hasn't Sofia ever heard of a courier!? Well, these were confidential envelopes and thus, unfortunately, a smelly man on a scooter was not going to do the trick today. Instead, I had to haul my tush, which was primly dressed in black pants and a pink "boyfriend" shirt (that is what it's called folks, I'm not wearing one of Matt's shirts) to key buildings where our nation is allegedly being shaped.

Forms of transportation included, but were not limited to: taxi, metro, walking and piggy back rides. That last mode of transportation is clearly a lie, but I wanted to add it in for comedic effect. I was sweating so profusely on the metro and in a moment of pure desperation and heat stroke, wanted to capture one last picture for you to remember your author by--


If you think I look startled, it's because a homeless man had just hissed in my ear, do you have any change sweet heart? My neck is still traumatized and scarred from his warm breath and creepy tone. Coincidentally, the metro was passing the Arlington cemetery.

Let's move on to something else please. Oh, but if I stop typing mid sentence, it's because I passed out from the smell of my feet in these black slip-on shoes, that clearly cannot withstand the 90+ degree weather. I think they will need to be euthanized this evening. I will refrain from getting into the politics and my personal views on euthanasia for now, because it is imperative I buy some new shoes before the funeral.

Please find below the invitation (sorry about the different font and poor grammar, Kinko's is just not what it used to be):

1 comment:

  1. I am noticing a decidedly more creative slant to your blog these days. I have some shoes that need to be buried, but I keep wearing them anyway. Hopefully no one smells me.

    ReplyDelete