Monday, May 23, 2011

Ode To The Tooth Fairy

Today I woke up to an e-mail commenting a previous post: "not a poetic nor literary sounding word in the least". I won't reveal who wrote this, but I may or may not have come from her womb. So, without further ado, the poem I wrote for you---

I wish Santa existed
A weight would be lifted
We would all believe in magic
And be a little less lethargic

Unemployment is through the roof
And most are just aloof
What is the world coming to?
The metro smells like poo

We want straight hair
And life to be fair
But really her boobs are fake
And you just need to say ‘for heavens sake’!

We want to be moms
Plus inventors of the CD-ROM
To be married and rich
But certainly not a bitch

Fun is most needed
But my pants are pleated
Our careers are important
I wish I was clairvoyant

This poem is over
It's better that a four leaf clover
It's time for bed
My pillow to my head



2 comments: