Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lost and Found

I assume people forget things on the metro all the time. Maybe their umbrellas, books or even their shopping bags. However, I've never seen someone forget this--


Yup, HAIR on the seat of the orange line metro in the direction of Vienna. Ew.

Matt's friend Greg is visiting and after going to the Museum of Natural History and Capitol City Brewing Company for dinner, this beauty accessory awaited. A few theories as to how it got there...I will refer to its owner as he/she in order to be "gender neutral", I have been scolded in the past for not doing so.
  1. It fell off?
  2. He/she got into a cat fight and someone yanked it off?
  3. He/she was making out and things got so steamy it detached itself?
  4. He/she got tired of wearing it because it itched?
  5. Angelina Jolie was wearing it while filming Salt 2 and didn't need it anymore?
  6. He/she wanted to embrace their look au naturale?
  7. He/she wanted to look like Tom Brady but then went with more of a Peyton Manning look instead?
  8. We were all being Punk'd?
The hair's origin will forever remain a mystery, but people's reactions were priceless.

On another note, yesterday officially became Food Truck Friday. Turns out that about 2 blocks from the office, a dozen food trucks park themselves around Farragut Square and offer you a wide array of quick, inexpensive and delicious lunch options--lobster rolls, griddled flatbreads, Korean BBQ, beef kebabs, salad on a stick, cupcakes, gourmet pizza, fish tacos and much more. My friend Klare, Lydia and I indulged in a mango snow cone, cheddar, pimento and cheez-it crumble mac and cheese and mumbai butter chicken. YUMMY and a lot of fun in the sun!


2.5 hours until father's day--TAP!!

1 comment:

  1. That food sounds delicious! And the hair is disgusting. Ew.

    ReplyDelete