Monday, June 20, 2011

Graffiato

Those of you who watched or are familiar with Top Chef All Stars will get excited about this. I was just perusing the Washington Post and low and behold I came across an article that talked about a new DC restaurant called Graffiato and the owner is Mike Isabella (runner-up on the show last season). The restaurant is opening this Thursday in Chinatown! Matt is going on another business trip tomorrow, so we cannot go to dinner opening night, BUT I was able to get a reservation on Friday!! I can only imagine how delicious its going to be, as Mike was the head chef at another restaurant in DC called Zaytinya, that is so popular that every time I try to make a reservation, nothing is available. Plus, according to the article, Mike will be "front and center" making artisanal pizzas, so maybe I'll get to see (or meet) him!



On a completely unrelated note (or perhaps very related, as I like food too much), I joined the Gold's Gym across the street today. We have a decent gym in our building, but for a while I have been tempted to take "group fitness classes", like Zumba, Spinning or Body Pump. So, when I found out that they had a $1 enrollment fee and the month to month payments were pretty decent, I was sold. They offer TONS of classes everyday, debating what to start out with tomorrow.

Let me know if you want me to bring you this for lunch tomorrow--A Spamwich from Burger King in Japan


1 comment: