I cannot reach the cereal in our apartment. It's in a cupboard, above the microwave and not even on my tippy toes can I reach. So instead, I decided to grab a big knife, stab the box and pull it down. Disclaimer--no cheerios were harmed during this process. Yeah, yeah, yeah, perhaps not the wisest way of doing it, but it worked -- woman power!!
Also, since we sold one car, we had to get rid of the fabulous tandem parking spot we had and migrate to another one. Well yesterday, I came home from returning some stuff at Ann Taylor and I literally could not park the car in this new, tiny spot. I am not even joking, my palms were sweating, I was cursing and it was 9:00pm (waaay past my bedtime). I kept thinking, what am I going to do if I can never manage to park this car? The spot is very tight/compact and my gangster Camry is not that small, I was terrified that I was going to hit either of the cars next to me. If I could have pushed the car in, I probably would have done that, I was desperate. I was literally on my way to get the concierge man or knock on a random neighbors door (though I do not know any), when I finally managed to maneuver my way in scratch and dent free, after a good 20 minutes, totally pathetic. Hard to believe that I hadn't had to park the car since we changed spots. I guess the few times I'm in the car, Matt is driving. Not sure if what I need is a man or driving lessons...
On Monday, I left my bosses house and decided that instead of taking the metro or a taxi, I would walk until I got tired. I walked for about 1.5 hours through some interesting DC neighborhoods, until I realized the following--
A big HOLE and I could feel the pavement on the bottom of my foot. When I finally got home around 8:30pm, the "exposed" area was completely black, eeewww. Bye, bye shoes.
On a completely unrelated note, I was just on the phone with the gentleman who delivers the alcohol for our events and he told me "I've got ADD, RA, ADH, CAD, HPN, ABCD, hell I've got the whole alphabet wrong with me". Made me laugh, I told him that I would share it with my blog folks :)
Also, very random, sometimes when I can't remember how to spell a word, I just google it. Well, I just googled "hadn't" (not sure why, just one of those days where your brain does not work properly) and this article was in the top 10 results: Boy Wishes He Hadn't Sold His Kidney For An iPad 2 - Haha, Lord.
Matt's parents and brother arrive tomorrow and will be visiting until Monday!

I'm glad you've managed without Matt. =0) I always feel a great sense of accomplishment when I do everything on my own while Mike is gone - even if it involves standing on top of a counter to reach something (which I did last week). Have fun with all the family around!
ReplyDelete