And, she is being sent to Uganda on mission in August for 2 years! I am extremely disappointed, as today was one of my favorite exercise classes of all times. Which is saying a lot given that I have been to my fair share of classes in my lifetime--step, aerobics, jazzercise, bikram yoga, regular yoga, spinning, kickboxing, etc.
If I wasn't pumped already, the next 30 minutes included THREE Shakira songs, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Except, I was not happy when the instructor told us that just like Waka Waka, she was really going to Africa :(
Other than that, today has been a much needed lazy day. However, we did decide to go to three separate supermarkets to get our provisions for the week--Trader Joe's, Harris Teeter and Arrowine. We had never been to this last one, but I purchased a $30 Groupon a few weeks back and we were itching to see what they had. The "neighborhood store" has everything you would need to throw a fantastic dinner party--wine, beer, bread, olives, cheese, charcuterie and crackers (Leticia, you would have loved it). We left with an Avery 'Maharaja' beer, some prosciutto, chorizo and dried pineapple, which we indulged in while watching 'Kings Speech', which had been f-f-f-f-orgotten in a drawer for about two weeks now.
The Gold Cup Final is on at the moment and Mexico is playing the USA. The only channel broadcasting the game is Univision and Matt can't understand anything except "GOOOOLLL". I would offer to be his interpreter, but we are not on speaking terms, as he is clearly rooting for the wrong team. Gotta LOVE a sport where the clock keeps going, unlike others...ahem, ahem.
Very excited to see Patricia and Chris's wedding featured in the Rice "Owlmanac" (June '11) and a bunch of us were mentioned in the blurb. I'll try and scan it on Monday, we're famous! And, on the same page was my friend Emery's wedding, love is in the air mes amis.
No comments:
Post a Comment