Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ximena

Perhaps the Express is not the most respected/popular newspaper, but I would by lying if I said that I did not enjoy this mini-Washington Post source of information on my morning metro ride. Sometimes, I read through it and nothing really catches my eye, but this morning I was beyond excited to see a familiar face on page E7 -  Ximena Sariñana.

I met her when I was about 10 years old, we went to school together in Mexico City and it was already clear then, that she had an amazing voice and would go far. At the time, she was in a very popular soap opera, that we all watched, called Luz Clarita. Ximena did not only act in the show, but she also sang the theme song.

It's amazing to see how far she has come in the last 15 years: Nominated for a Grammy Award and Latin Grammy, released her first solo album (Mediocre) in 2008, which reached platinum status and became #10 on Billboards Latin Pop Albums. She is extremely popular in Mexico! Now, she just released a new CD in English (self-titled album) and I wish her just as much success.

So, turns out she will be performing tonight here in Washington (hence the newspaper article), but all of the tickets are sold out...Wish I would have known about it sooner, but at the rate she is going, I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities to see her perform in concert!

Singing with Jason Mraz--


No comments:

Post a Comment