Saturday, July 30, 2011

Stache for 2

Today has just been one of these days. Not sure how to describe it, so I will just show you ---->

My friend Lydia, proud owner of the stache!
I have several random thing to share with you, so let it be one of those uncohesive posts. Why not? It's Friday and waaay past my bedtime. My friend Emery, who sadly moved to NYC a few months ago, is in town, so we met up for drinks at RFD.


Last Sunday, my friend Ashley was visiting because she will soon be moving to Bologna, Italy for a year and needed to get her visa. We went to see Friends with Benefits, I did not have high hopes and thought it would just be the story we have all seen over and over again. And, in a way it was...but, it was actually pretty hilarious and Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis were surprisingly good together.

Afterwards, we had dinner and Ashley and I shared a mushroom pizza with a chick pea crust. Funny enough, it was supposedly gluten free, but the only way I can describe the taste is very "whole-wheaty" and doughy. Glad we tried it, but perhaps that will be the last time I order that type of pizza.

I want to tell you about OpenSky, which I only found out about thanks to that blog I read, Kath Eats. This website "is a social network for shoppers, it taps you into exclusive food, style, healthy living and home design sales that are handpicked by a bevy of curators you chose to follow". USA Today described it as "Twitter, but with shopping". A few months back, Kath mentioned that the website would be selling some of her favorite coasters, so I curiously went to find out more.

To be totally honest, I'm still learning, but in a nutshell, there are a lot of different "famous people" that you can follow and every week or two, they post something they like a lot, online (sometimes up to 60% discounted) and you can buy it. For example: I also follow Bobby Flay (Food Network) and right not he is selling a marketspice chili bundle. I guess the idea is that this website allows you to see your person's favorites and also might allow you to buy items you would typically not know where to purchase. I've only made one purchase and it was Kath's bundle of "Charlottesville cluster granola, Pancake Mix and Cinnamon Raising Oatmeal" that she made in her bakery!

Found out yesterday, that I am definitely going to Colombia in September for work!


That's all for now, my eyes are closing and I have a date with Zumba tomorrow morning, sleep well :)

1 comment:

  1. i love what you did with our self-portrait! definitely shine-free. will you make me some pancakes?

    ReplyDelete