We have been up, down and all around these days.
I'm not sure my metro card has ever seen this much action (it's starting to worry it might get a "reputation"). It's funny because Renata wants to ride the metro all day, Rebecca is bored by it and granted that I ride it a dozen times a week, try to avoid it. During these past 3 days we have been those tourists taking pictures everywhere, including the metro.
Today's stop, National Museum of Natural History. It really is remarkable and hard to believe that these fantastic Smithsonian Museums are free. A room full of jewels, an ocean hall, dinosaurs in your backyard, Chilean miners, eternal life in ancient Egypt...without paying a cent or leaving the nicely air conditioned building.
I also want to take a minute to re-evaluate my stance on facials. After much thought and analysis during the past few days, I realized that I truly enjoyed the relaxing environment and pampering of it all, but I do not think it truly did thaaat much for my skin. In the battle between massages and facials, I declare massages THE WINNER.
I'm not giving you the finger, I promise.
To the right is the aftermath of a vase cut, from Sunday, which I would rather refer to as my Harry Potter-esque middle finger scar. Beware.The deepest, most painful and bloodiest (sorry, woozy readers) to date. I thought it might heal itself and stop hurting by day 4, but today I left my apartment looking like I had just been electrocuted, because even brushing my hair hurt. Turns out Alonzo (my Express Newspaper friend and person responsible for calling me, Mexico's Next Top Model every morning, remember him?) used to work at a hospital and told me that the cut when through several layers of skin and I needed stitches. However, my friend Melissa who I practically consider a doctor (after maaany years at Methodist), recommended Steri-Strips as it seems my "stitch-window" has closed. As soon as Matt gets home, we are taking a romantic stroll to CVS and if I behave, there might be some chicken nuggets in my near future. See, chicken nuggets have a healing power that few know about. They do not teach that in medical school. Please contact me for more details.
Also, why is Oreo doing this to me? I already have a very weak spot for them and now this? I do not even allow myself to buy these addictive items, because I might overdose on them.
Headline: Young woman rolled off balcony after severe overabundance of cookies.
Never been so excited about football before! Well...the fact that Alex and Leticia are coming to DC in December, to go to the Patriots vs. Redskins game with us, might take the grand prize :)
P.S: To follow-up on Saturday's post, I absolutely loved and highly recommend 'The Help'. One of my favorite movies this year, if not my favorite.


No comments:
Post a Comment