Yesterday, I was not in a very good mood. So, I thought that reading through some of my favorite blogs, might cheer me up, but it really had the opposite effect. I started thinking about the fact that websites, such as blogs or facebook, really allow someone to create the "best version" of themselves, the enhanced version. Jane Doe 2.0!
We talk about our successes, we chose the best pictures to upload (some might even be digitally modified), we rarely mention the nitty-gritty or the unpleasant. People rarely write about the negative and I can't blame them (including myself). Some people might be interested in reading it (actually some might prefer it), but take a food blog for example, would you really go back everyday if the person burnt every recipe or admitted to having used some bananas that fell on their gross floor or if all they had for breakfast was fiber cereal due to their constipation (which they explained in detail every chance they got)?
| This? |
| Or this? |
I decided to chose a couple "statuses" on facebook and write what the "real" version may be...
This is the way I love and I will love you forever, happy six month anniversary baby!
Although I do really like you (except when you fart really loudly in your sleep), this post was more for my ex to see, than for you.
Had to get to the office at 6am today, glad I went to pick up my Brooks Brothers suits yesterday at the cleaners :)
I want people to think I'm really important at work, but truth is, I was asked to come in early to make enough coffee for the big meeting today. I was the only one in the office that will not be participating.
We are parents! Little, baby Phil was born yesterday, we are so blessed.
So exhausted and my husband refuses to help. Why does Phil look like my father-in-law? Eeek. But, I am so glad I didn't go #2 during labor (I saw that on TV).
Off to the airport to pick-up my parents, Fido is coming too.
I begged my parents not to come this weekend, because I have two parties I want to go to, but they insisted because they think I have a drug problem. Why can't they at least take a taxi for God's sake? I'm only excited about seeing my dog.
On my way to kickboxing with Jenny!
I wish I could stay home and eat ice cream with nutella, but every time I see my reflection, I see a fat ass manatee. Literally. I only go to this class, because I read Jessica Simpson did it and lost 17 lbs in 1 week.
So excited to be a bridesmaid again, off to David's Bridal!
Why are all my friends getting married? Why don't I even have a boyfriend? I'm going to die alone, not even the guy at the gas station looks up at me when I pay. I even put on extra make-up for him.
Have a good night millions of blog readers, need to put on my size 0 dress and go out to the fanciest, most expensive restaurant to celebrate my 200% pay raise, with my celebrity boyfriend.
Going to go read the sequel to 'The Sisterhood of the traveling pants' in bed, while Matt plays his video game and listens to a podcast. I might also have some tuna for dinner, because it only has 80 calories.
![]() |
| My truth tonight... |



No comments:
Post a Comment