However, Matt did return safely this morning! He and his family had to survive without power for about 2 days and he came bearing a 7 day old beard, but all is well. Originally, I was taking Monday off to be with Melissa, but because she never made it (boo), I didn't. So, today I decided to take the morning off and pick up Matt at the airport, with a surprise milkshake in hand. It's amazing how nice it is to get those extra 4 or 5 hours in the day. We were able to catch up, have a delicious lunch (avocado salad, crab cakes and rice) and watch The Great Food Truck Race :)
Then, it was time for me to head to the I've been meaning to tell you about another "character" that I see on my way to work. Let's call her Maria for now, real name TBD. Maria is at the corner of Connecticut Ave. and K St. every morning. She is probably about 5ft, very tan, hair in a tight bun and her boobs, oh my. Her boobs are always very "pushed up" and "spilling" over her long, black dress. Let's just say, it looks like they really want to come out and play. What originally caught my attention is that she is always screaming at the top of her lungs. The woman can really make herself heard. However, what intrigued me is that she yells profanities in Spanish. I know that does not sound very unusual, but the "potty words" she uses are quite particular, even more so for the area (street known for lobbyists especially). To top it all off, I have no doubt she is Mexican. Her language is clearly that of a Mexican. Maybe that is why I'm even more captivated by her on my daily commute. Someone must have seriously pissed her off...
Yesterday, I was finally able to get a picture of her for you. I felt like such a creepster mc'creepster. I've been trying for a few days now and every time I finally got my camera phone ready, either she would turn around or traffic would come between us. Wish it was more of a close-up, but hey, I can't push it. This will have to do for now.
I'm off to make dinner. Leticia was kind enough to share this new "type of cuisine" with me - Why New Mothers Are Choosing To Eat Their Own Placenta? Yup, you read correctly.

maybe this is more appetizing:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/books/2011/08/how-to-say-challapeno.html