Well, on Thursday I chatted with the owners for quite a while. They are a husband and wife from El Salvador. Funny enough, the bunch of daisies I was purchasing were $8 and after Spanish was unleashed, they were only $5. Interesting how that magically happens. They told me that all this time, they thought I was Indian (we'll add it to the list). They asked where my boyfriend was from. When I told them he was American, they proceeded to clap and shout HURRAY! I have a feeling they are so excited, because they think that's my golden ticket to becoming a US citizen. By the way, I already am, in case you had a moment of doubt...
I proceeded to board the metro, daisies in hand, and was thinking that the stand is in DC, the vendors are from El Salvador, the plastic (the flowers are wrapped in) says made in Colombia and on the top it says "Sayonara". Talk about international.
On this same metro, I also recognized a fellow zumba-goer. I tried making eye contact, but nothing. I fought the urge to say "Hey you! We shake it together on Saturday's and I know you wear a knee brace". Sounds kind of creepy in retrospect. Glad I contained myself.
We got back from our trip to Baltimore a few hours ago. It's only 1 hour away, but because we stayed at a hotel for the night and it was an unknown place, it really did feel like a mini-vacation. We stayed less than mile from the venue (Lyric Opera Center), in a historic area called Mount Vernon. Turns out it was right next to The Peabody Conservatory (Johns Hopkins), so we saw a bunch of musicians coming and going! All I knew about Lewis Black was that he used to be on The Daily Show and that he is an angry, Jewish comedian. He was really funny, so glad we went, oh and his mom was in the audience (aww). Turns out he's from Silver Springs, Maryland.
| Mount Vernon United Methodist Church, next to our hotel |
| Lyric Center |
On our way back, we stopped at a party store and got our Halloween costumes! I'll keep it a surprise until next weekend. Going to my friend Laura's party on Friday :)
I couldn't resist...





No comments:
Post a Comment