Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ew.

Note to self - if you are 5'5" and ride public transportation, you will find yourself in someone's axilla at some point or another.

Who likes armpits? Why is it that I find myself in an armpit every time the metro is busy? Especially on the metro's that have gotten rid of the poles and only have rails, that many (including myself) cannot reach. Yesterday, sticky and hot from the rain, I was especially mad about having to be on my tippy-toes and having to endure the smell (rancid popcorn) of the person squooshed next to me.

I always make a point not to display my armpit in people's faces. My friend laughed at me once, as a held both sides of my short sleeve t-shirt together (like a taco), to avoid exposure. Isn't that just common courtesy? Yesterday, I had no sleeves, so I covered myself with my purple umbrella. But, then I thought, if her hairiness can be next to my shoulder and if he can burp in front of me, then why bother?

Just discovered the Modern Love section of the New York Times and it's REALLY interesting. I read this one yesterday and it's quite an article...Those Aren't Fighting Words, Dear. I'm still amazed at all the things that you can find/read about on the internet. And, I've probably only read 1% of it all. Is there a way to find a list of everything you've ever googled? Can you imagine? It's probably best lost in cyberspace....or in a top secret drawer at the Google headquarters?

Having our friends over for dinner tomorrow and then we are seeing Lewis Black (comedian) perform in Baltimore!


Another funny parent/teacher situation-



"D.C. area now the richest in the nation". Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment