California is as lovely as ever. It feels like a different world sometimes. Beautiful ocean, mountains, perfect weather, palm trees. Plus, Matt is over the moon because Sunday NFL countdown starts at 7am here!! What more can you ask for?
On Friday, we went to Santa Barbara. We had a yummy lunch (where I finally satisfied a recent grilled cheese desire), did some shopping (Matt got me new sunglasses, after mine were stolen out of my suitcase on my way to Bogota!!) and walked by the beach. It was all perfect, until this man in a Chevy Impala tried to parallel park in front of my grandma's car. We were all watching and as if in slow motion, he backed into our car (mind you, with no car in front of him)!
The guy immediately parked, got out of the car, saw us all checking for damage and said, WHAT? That's why it's called a bumper. To which I responded, well, you should be more careful. His retort, you must be from New Jersey? Which exit? I couldn't believe it. I said, it really doesn't matter where I'm from, at least I'm not RUDE. As he walked away from me, all I heard him say was, ugh, Jersey people.
Now, that's a first.
(I didn't bring my camera cable, so I cannot share any of my pictures. But, I shall do so upon our return. Plus, I'm MacBook Pro illiterate and this house is full of manzanas).
Today, we are going to hear and see the LA Philharmonic, at the Walt Disney Concert Hall with Gustavo Dudamel, conducting Mendelssohn. I've been hearing all about Dudamel for a while now, so it'll be exciting to finally witness him firsthand. He is actually from Venezuela and only 30 years old! If you want to join us, select movie theaters across the US will be broadcasting the performance :)
Then, tonight, we will be celebrating Thanksgiving. Yup, that's right. Turkey and all.
Oh, and yesterday I finally found a dress (thank you, Anthropologie) for my friend Regina's wedding! Can't believe she is getting married in less than a month.
![]() |
| Dudamel and his wife Eloisa Maturen |
Per usual, on an unrelated note, "25 pictures taken at exactly the right moment": Here.
![[timming_pictures_07.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhRUbRYQWMnBWWyWd_vPMLx-3c0GvspRxtnmz0M3KTgEyb2czLtMIX9_pl8CSCsCarYmhGb4RCJg-tkgex00e403hDs1SApg6Yrd2_2mb2b_nDpbI_3gfzckJOfGAz4tD1IHQgp-OQqLQ4/s1600/timming_pictures_07.jpg)
TWO very special birthday mentions are in order!
Last Thursday: Alex
Today: Melissa
Happy Sunday and (almost) Columbus Day.

i take special offense to that rude man's jersey comment, where does he get off?!
ReplyDelete