Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dia del Arroz

Yesterday, a man "intentionally placed himself in the path of the [metro] train"This happened in Clarendon (1 stop before mine) and a little before I left work. So, when I made it to the metro, there were signs everywhere indicating extreme delays. Luckily, I was with my friend Lydia, so we got on the first train that went by and I tried to get as close as possible to home. People kept saying "there was a jumper".

It was sad, strange and extremely frustrating all at once. The escalators at the Rosslyn stop apparently "turned themselves off" due to extreme crowding, so the metro didn't even stop there. It took us about 45 minutes to go 3 stops and we were left at Pentagon City Mall. Luckily, my knight in shining armor rescued me there. In a daze and exhausted from 4 hours of sleep the previous night (flight back to DC delayed), we did manage to go get some groceries.

On a much lighter note, as promised, here are some pictures from our trip - 


I got in trouble for taking my camera out at the LA Phil, this is a covert picture on my phone
2 generations
New sunglasses :)
My cousin Lily "modeling" for us at the mall
Santa Barbara
Grandma and Poppon
Palm trees & sun
Boats and seagulls near the dock in Santa Barbara
Love bugambilias!

Last but not least, HAPPY RICE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment