1. Why are little things SO ANNOYING sometimes? This morning, out of nowhere, my keyboard went nuts. Every time I pressed the space button, it would automatically open a new 'troubleshoot help page' in internet explorer. EVERY TIME. Do you realize how many times we use the space bar? There's no way to avoid it. Unless, youwanttowritelikethisallthetime. I've used it 48 times thus far. That would mean that 48 new tabs would be open by now. I re-started, shut down, checked settings and unplugged my keyboard, before calling our IT guru. He couldn't solve the problem either. In the end, the only way he was able to fix my problem was by giving me a new keyboard. And, it's a French keyboard. None of the keys are in the right place. If you get any e-mails from me at work, don't blame me if they look like this: Hoz are wou*/
2. Today on the metro I saw a woman crying. She was probably in her late-twenties, wedding band, listening to her iPod, carrying a big Longchamp bag, red trench coat, got off at the Rosslyn metro stop. She wasn't sobbing, so it was not too obvious, but every couple seconds a big tear would roll down her face. It broke my heart. But, I wasn't sure if there was anything I could do. I really wanted to offer her a tissue, but I never have any. Maybe I need to start carrying a mini-pack? Not really sure why I'm telling you this, but it seemed significant at the moment.
3. In case you need a new answering machine message:
Hi. This is John:
If you are the phone company, I already sent the money.
If you are my parents, please send money.
If you are my financial aid institution, you didn't lend me enough money.
If you are my friends, you owe me money.
If you are the phone company, I already sent the money.
If you are my parents, please send money.
If you are my financial aid institution, you didn't lend me enough money.
If you are my friends, you owe me money.
If you are a female, don't worry, I have plenty
of money.
A is for academics, B is for beer. One of those reasons is
why we're not here. So leave a message.
Hi, you have reached Jerry McGuire. Show me the message! Show
me the message!
4. My friend Tim shared this article with me the other day, written by Kate Bolick. I must admit that it's long, but has created a lot of chatter. She talks about "exploring the current landscape and re-thinking attitudes about marriage, without debunking the idea".
All the Single Ladies - The Atlantic
5. After some beyond hectic weeks, we've made a point to make absolutely no plans this weekend. However, I have a few things on my radar: the movie, 'The Descendants' (has surprisingly gotten great reviews) and possibly going to get Becky a birthday present (she'll be 8 year old in 2 weeks). She mentioned that she wouldn't mind getting some new clothes from Justice, but I needed to "make sure they were cute and preferably pink or purple". Yes ma'am.
6. Read about this on one of my favorite blogs. It's your chance to
7. Martha Stewart was signing copies of her new book and "sharing tips on how to throw the perfect party" just a few blocks from my office this evening, at the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) Constitution Hall. Maybe it would have been fun?
*Fantasy Football update: 7-3 (tied for 1st place right now with Matt & Joseph). Let's visualize the competition...

No comments:
Post a Comment