Friday, December 30, 2011

Humanitarian Love

The other day, I caught myself dancing on the metro platform to a new tune that I discovered on Pandora. I was doing a little right leg wiggle when I realized I was in public - woops. 

In case you are interested, here are some of the songs I've recently taken a liking to (click on the name if you want to watch the video):


Let me tell you, that this newly established "love doctor profession", is really blooming. Last week, I went to the Apple store and I asked the guy who was helping me, how his day was going. He looked at me with honest eyes and asked, do you really want to know? I said, of course. Well, he then proceeded to spill his heart out to me (the dilemma: the girl he was recently dating, seemed a little too cozy with her co-worker at lunch). We talked about it, asked questions and we came up with a plan. He thanked me and told me that it was the first time all day he felt like he could breathe. I wonder how things are going now..? 

But, serious voice. Ever since someone made me an official door name plate at work, that says "docteur de l'amour" more and more people are coming into my office, closing the door and spilling out their hearts. Men. Women. Young. Not so young. Apparently, they feel especially relaxed given that I put up Christmas holiday lights (trying to be PC) all around my office, so it's very soothing. Imagine if I had a couch! Or, classical music playing!? Problem is, I still have ACTUAL work to do. Someone was not too happy yesterday, when we had to "cut our session short" because I had some urgent work e-mails to answer. Maybe I need office hours or a signs like these?

We'll see what kind of love situations the new year brings....

Let me tell you that January 1st marks (Gaby's birthday AND) the last day of the running streak and I'm happy to tell you that it was a success. My non-running self completed roughly 40 miles (holidays, trips and all). Although sadly, the Google document where we (Emily and I) were tracking everything, seems to have disappeared, been eaten, vanished into the milky way or perhaps stolen by pirates. Does anyone know how to get it back? Nonetheless, a new doc has been made and the challenge continues, with some new year rule modifications. Oh and Matt and I both won the lottery for the Cherry Blossom Race in April? 10 miler for him and 5k for me :)

Have to go, Matt's brother just arrived. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment