It appears like we were all good this year, especially my sisters who are now proud owners of electronics, nicer than most. Times are a-changin'. Under the tree for me, several things (thank you all), including but not limited to - a Cannon camera with 14x zoom, 12.1 mega pixels AND "fish-eye effect" (as seen below)!
Before moving on, I'd like to also take a moment to remember how good my Fujifilm (first camera) was to me. My dad got it for me right before my trip to Europe, after graduating from high school. I've had it ever since and based on the amount of pictures taken with it, I think it's safe to say, it was put to good use. I will not miss the fact that it still used batteries and did not have a memory card though. If anyone knows of a good home for it, please let me know.
As part of the gift giving, Matt and I took my sisters to Universal Studios-Islands of Adventure. While we certainly had a great time, the crowds were worse than ever. We had to wait in line for 90 minutes to get into the Harry Potter castle!! Too bad we were not prepared, we could have watched a whole movie while standing in line, Matt could have learned Spanish, could have taken a Bikram yoga class...
To make matters worse, when we got off the ride, Matt realized that his phone had flown out of his pocket. We told the ride attendant and he said that they could not look for it until the end of the day, because it was most likely on the tracks. I was determined to find it myself, so I asked if I could please look at all the ride chairs as they passed for a few minutes and the gentleman reluctantly agreed. We were about to give up on the search, when suddenly I saw a black, shiny object pass by. I jumped onto the "conveyor belt" next to the seats and grabbed it. However, I didn't quite think it through and the belt was suddenly taking me quickly awaaaay from Matt and the girls, towards a black, dark hole (or, so it seemed). Several attendants were shouting GET OFF, GET OFF, JUMP TO THE SIDE and after a few seconds, I was finally on fixed ground. Not to brag or anything, BUT I kinda saved the day. My new nickname: Fifi, the superhero.
![]() |
| The Wizarding World of Harry Potter |
"How the Grinch stole Christmas" |
Yesterday, we had to say goodbye to my family and 80 degree weather, now we are back home in rainy 45 degree weather and Skype is all we've got. Oh, and sadly I didn't win fantasy football this year, but I came in 3rd place and still won some dinero.
I cannot wrap my head around the fact that 2011 is over in 4 days. Can you? We'll see what 2012 has in store ♥




No comments:
Post a Comment