Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Matt & Siri


I think Matt has fallen in love with someone else. Her name: Siri. He especially likes her feistiness. Their first interaction went a little like this:

Matt: Take me home
Siri: I don't know where home is. I DON'T know anything about you!

Yes, the man who proudly exclaimed "I have a dumb phone" every chance he got, now has an iPhone. Needless to say, Siri and I are not getting along. The other day she auto-corrected Matt's e-mail, which said "chiquita" (nickname) and changed it to "CHOWS"!?! How dare she?

I wonder what she looks like. She doesn't even show her face, I bet there is a good reason for that. Apple stock would probably plummet. 

Let's talk about life before that "assistant" entered our life. Last weekend included a wide range of fun activities - some bridesmaid dress shopping at David's Bridal (a sea of estrogen), Ikea (a lot of browsing, not a lot of buying), lunch at Red Lobster (YUM, reminds me of my great grandma Estelle), brunch at my friend Klare's apartment (quiches, hash browns, banana bread, fruit, champagne, baklava, juice and bread pudding) and then of course, the football game! Favorite part: Tom Brady's front flip. 

It's taken almost 4.5 years, but I'm finally enjoying and understanding football a little more. Patriots vs. Giants - February 5th. 


By popular demand, Klare sent us all this recipe (not very healthy, but delicious) - 

Cinnamon Bread Pudding

1 3 x 9 or larger rectangular glass baking dish
1 or 2 loaves of raisin bread to fill the dish
Grease dish or spray with Pam
Cube bread and put in dish over night to dry out

Custard - Mix together:

2 1/3 cups sugar
6 eggs
2 1/3 cups milk 
2 1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon

Pour over bread and let it absorb liquid for 1 hr or so. Then lightly press bread down with the back of a spatula so top layer absorbs liquid (some will stick up and look dry). 

Crumb topping - Cut together with pastry cutter or 2 knives:

1/2 stick soft butter
1/3 Cup brown sugar
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Toothpick comes clean when inserted in center. Cool and cut into squares. 

Sauce (optional):

Cook in a pan on stove until bubbles. 
1 Cup Sugar
1 stick butter
1 egg beaten
2 Tsp vanilla
1/4 Cup brandy

Pour over squares of bread pudding before serving. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment