Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Taking our relationship to the next level"


It is 29°F and I am FREEZING! I googled "expressions for cold weather" and this came up: Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkeyPretty sure it came from a UK website...

It doesn't help that I'm sick as a dog (yes, let's keep up the expressions that make no sense today). I have one of those colds that lead to glassy eyes, an ache body and a red nose reindeer like Rudolph. The type of cold that makes you feel like you ran a marathon, just by having to go up an escalator (so, I ran TWO today). 

Today on the metro, I saw a girl with puffy eyes, she looked like she had been crying or was about to. I thought it was the perfect moment to offer my inaugural tissue, since as you know, I purchased at Walmart a few weeks back. But then, I started wondering if she was just sick like me, in which case the tissue might not be necessary. It made me wonder, are these "special tissues" reserved for tears or would a sneeze from this girl have sufficed? 

I hope it's not the flu, I still cannot differentiate the two. Although, Dr. Matt just yelled out "it's not the flu, because you don't have a fever", while answering Jeopardy questions. My dad just asked if I've gotten a flu shot, but to be honest, I haven't had one since I watched the video about the 25-year-old Redskins cheerleader who got dystonia ten days after a flu shot in 2009. It was too sad and traumatizing. 

However, it's very important I get better soon, because Matt has announced that we are "taking our relationship to the next level". Literally. We're moving up a floor. A few weeks ago, we found out that an apartment had become available, that had a bathtub (oh, how we've missed you), a den, a walk-in closet AND a stunning view of DC! So, it's time to start packin'...


Better rest up. Night, night! 

P.S: As of today, my 10-year-old sister has a Gmail account. By the time SHE has kids, they will come out of the womb on an iPhone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment