I love sleeping doing my taxes. I'm not sure why. Matt used to always
joke that H&R Block knew it was tax season, when Sofia showed up at their
door! Doing my taxes reminds me of those e-mails or coupons from Banana
Republic, where they
advertise that upon checkout, you will get anywhere from 10% off to 80% off (as
a special promotion). On TurboTax, you plug in all your numbers and when you are done,
a magic (or not so magical) number ($) appears. If you are lucky overpaying, you get a refund (yay).
If not, I do have to admit it's not quite as fun. Regardless, I always feel a sense
of accomplishment. The other night this is sort of how our conversation went -
Sofia - Oh man, wish I had all my forms to do my taxes. Let me
check what I'm missing.
Matt - Ok...
Sofia - NO WAY, I have everything already. Going to do it NOW!
Matt - Now?
Sofia - Yeah!
Matt - I know, but it's way past your bedtime [22:00]
Sofia - I'll be done before my next yawn.
Matt - Ok...
23 MINUTES LATER --->
"Your returns have been sent" ---> Hurray! ---> Until next year
my friends.
That same night, as if it was not enough excitement for one day, my friend Ashley wrote to me and asked if we wanted to join her and her boyfriend, on a trip to Florida (all expenses paid!!). Turns out that my very talented friend, won the "Find Your Perfect Beach" Contest and therefore, we'll all be headed to the playa. WOO HOO!
Driving up to Grayton in the middle of the night
We’d rather end up here than on any foreign flight
Waking up early, heading to Hibiscus for brunch
Then hitting the white sands with the usual family bunch
Live music at The Red Bar, then driving down 30A
Stopping by the Seaside REP to catch a groundbreaking play
Loved ones coming from far and wide
Watching countless sunsets by the ever-ebbing tide
From Rosemary to Sandestin, there’s no shortage of coastal fun to be had
If you try to look any further, you must be quite mad
For a more perfect beach you’ll never find
And just like us, South Walton will always be on your mind!
- Ashley
Thank you to all who have been asking about my grandma in MX. Thank goodness she is MUCH better!! Last weekend I had three missed calls from her, when we finally spoke, she asked why a strange person kept answering. I told her that no one answered my phone, as I was in Zumba (not 'zombie', you stupid spell check) class the whole time and it was on vibrate, in my purse. I finally realized that she thought the automated answering machine (ex: you have called 202...), was "another woman" and kept hanging up. Aww.
| January '12 |
Speaking about bed time...

No comments:
Post a Comment